Blueberry almond galettes (galettes con arandanos y almendras)





I did not know how to start this post. 
But first of all, I appreciate all the love and greetings you have given me here.
 Of course it has been (and is difficult) my mom was not only my mommy, she was a very good friend. 
I was blessed to have her around and help her as much as I could, we talked every day, and often I would lie next to her to talk or listen to music. Anyway . it's hard.
They are many years, sharing, things, life, everything.

Well little by little I go back to cooking, I had to do it, because or if I was not going to let myself be carried away by the pain and I do not want to.
I also have a family that still expects me to cook, my dogs and rabbits :)
This recipe is not complicated but I wanted something simple and rather rustic. And of course I love galettes.
Thanks for everything


Source : Delicious UK magazine






Ingredients

1 1/2 cups almond flour 
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup  plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter softened
3 or 4 tablespoons cold water

4 cups frozen or fresh blueberries 
2 tablespoon  cornstarch
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 large egg lightly beaten
2 tablespoon turbinado sugar

Method

In the work bowl  baking of a food processor, place flours, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (24 grams) and salt, process until combined. Add butter and pulse until mixture is crumbly.

Add the cold water  in a slow steady stream just until dough comes together but is not sticky (if is some sticky add some all purpose flour) .Shape dough into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

In a large bowl combine 1 cup blueberries, cornstarch, lemon zest and juice and remaining sugar (100 grams) . With a fork crush a little the  blueberries. Add all the blueberries.Set aside.

Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
Divide dough into 3  equal pieces. And in a floured surface roll each piece in to a circle (about 9 inch ) 20 cm .
Trim edges of dough (I used a plate ) and transfer to the baking sheets.
Spoon about 1/3 of the blueberry mixture into  center of each circle leaving a border.
Fold up dough around filling, pinching to seal edges of folds.
Brush edges  with white  egg and sprinkle coarse sugar.. Freeze for 10 minutes.
Bake to 180°c (350 °F)  until crust is golden brown and fruit is bubbly about 20 to 25 minutes.
If is necessary cover with foil to prevent excess browning.
Let cool in pans or sheets for 25 minutes before serving.

Note: 
This dough is less pliable than a typical galette due to the different structure of almond flour.
Folding be more difficult, which is why is important pinch the seams before baking.


Print recipe here
















En español

Galletes de arandanos















Comments